tour journal and gig reports from airiel's silent member

Thursday, March 02, 2006

pedal boards

This is long overdue. The show at Subterranean on the 13th of February ruled. Chris' guitar was extra loud and killer. It was a big wall-of-fuck-you-sound coming from the left side of the stage. Jeremy and Cory hit hard from the other side and John down the middle. Shock and awe. They might have had some issues with the show, but not me. I was on, it was loud and spacey and droney and I hit all my beats and tweaked out some eyeballs. I hope. Well, i tweaked out my own eyeballs at least.

Apparently, the jar of earplugs we were giving away was empty at the end of the set. I've started to carry around a set at all times after watching "It's All Gone Pete Tong", a movie about a superstar DJ who goes deaf because of his profession. Sure it's a cute way to tell people we're loud but it's also a good safety precaution. Essenza, the band who invited us out was great and I'd love to see them again.

Other news: I'm currently working on an EPK video that will be posted here very soon, as well as still working on the Cinnamon video. Good things take time. The 7" that was recorded at Engine Studios sounds great and there will be a record release show this spring. Oh and one more thing, Kill Hannah will get their asses kicked in Halo. Hang 'em High? We will. Pistols vs Pistols. May the best shoegazers win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home