tour journal and gig reports from airiel's silent member

Monday, July 25, 2005

the dark room

I saw Brian Jonestown Massacre at Lollapalooza on Saturday and whatever apprehension I had about them was relieved. I thought "Sunday is going to be FUN!" after they were done.

Sunday was indeed fun. The day was over 100 degrees but the Darkroom was air conditioned. We showed up and the staff was awesome (as always) We got our snazzy passes...
NOTE: the address given for Darkroom is Division, NOT Chicago Ave....
got our gear set up, video was ready, band was sound checked and sounded great. We all signed a poster for Darkroom with everybody's name who was performing. BJM showed up and there was a good crowd waiting.

Thax Douglas introduced Airiel with a poem he wrote for the band. This was great because I think that when Thax writes a poem for your band, you've been blessed or something. It's sort of like when you'd get a head butt from Wesley Willis back in the day. The show was great, video looked good and I'm glad I wore ear plugs. I ran out giving ear plugs to friends, their dads, and even Sonia the lovely bartender who became Airiel's newest fan.

The BJM rocked. Anton introduced Matt Hollywood who just came on stage to say hi. He did play tambourine at Lollapalooza the day before though. This was kind of funny because back in the fall I had talked to the label that Matt Hollywood's new band The Out Crowd is on about doing a music video and now here I am opening for the BJM. Anton was totally cool during the show and hoped we all got laid after the show. They rocked out a great 15+ minute song to end their set that was really good.

After the show and people left Jeremy and I went back in to check one last time for gear we left behind and to say goodnight to the staff , Brock and Tobias who played great tunes all night, and the BJM guys if they were around. Sonia poured a bunch of shots that Jeremy and I gladly accepted and Anton stood next to me and said "Why does everybody want to argue with me? I just want to hang out and have a good time man!" I responded something like "...I dunno man, people are assholes". We had our shots, shook hands, said goodnight and got home. Good times. Links to pictiures coming...soon....maybe....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home