tour journal and gig reports from airiel's silent member

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

crashing in a fit of laughter

When we drove to NYC in September, I kept a written account of part of the trip. I wish I had written more but you know how it goes. So here's the story....

September 2, 2006. 7:50am
We've been driving since 7:30pm when we left Schaumburg last night. Right now we are in PA somewhere and it's raining. What better time to start the PC4 blog, I say. John's driving, I'm writing. Each of us has maybe 2 hours sleep that we got in the back seats of the van while Cory and Lisa drive late last night. Chris is currently balled up sleeping after an insane fit of laughter that I think expelled the last bit of whatever the fuck is in those energy drinks he overdosed on through the night. Jeremy's awake I thin. Hold on, I'll turn around. Yep, he's asleep. His crash wasn't as explosive as Chris'. Damn.
I haven't driven yet and won't till we drive home because i haven't had a full night's sleep in like 3 weeks. That's another story for another blog. PA is really one of my favorite states to drive through. It's really pretty with lots of trees and mountains. I expect we're all going to arrive in NYC in a few hours much like much like I was at the Mc Donalds 30 minutes ago: wet, trembling, cold, and awake on the verge of insanity, laughter, tears, and needing a shot of whiskey. Now if only it would stop raining.

September 4, 2006. 3:02pm
I'm sending text messages to pass the time. We're currently driving back to Chicago through PA and expect to be there late tonight. I can't wait really despite my early morning wake up for work and how tired we'll be. It was a fun weekend and again I'm so glad to be a part of airiel.
We arrived to Oliver's compound/Death By Audio/A Place To Bury Strangers/Hammer's Secret Underground World Domination Headquarters around 2:30 on Saturday. It rained all day and night but we were so pumped to be there we didn't sleep and got to hanging out.

---------
That was all I was got. I drove through Ohio at sunset and had the sun in my eyes for at least an hour. That sucked. Ohio is very boring to drive through so there wasn't much to block the sun or to look at either. Oh well. Next update: Pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home