tour journal and gig reports from airiel's silent member

Monday, October 17, 2005

i was so mad, tour diary #7

We're on our way to Norfolk, driving, everybody goofy and having fun. Chris is at the driver's seat. John is sitting behind him and tries to break his concentration by waving his hands around Chris' head. It doesn't phase him. I start up with a way to phase him, and boy did he get phased. I said "okay, how about this..." and rub Chris' arm. He FREAKS OUT and starts giggling like a school girl! Maybe he's ticklish or something but wow. Cory cried from laughing so hard. The video is hysterical.
So we arrive in Norfolk, in time to get set up and have a quick bite to eat. It's a music store on the 2nd floor on apparently the yuppy strip of Norfolk. It reminded me of Lincoln Ave. here, between Fullerton and Webster. Hartfield rocked.......the second band started out promising then turned into a hippy jam band that listens to way too much Coldplay. Ugh. That tinkling piano and that guitar is so boring. Seriously. The small group of people who came out started to trickle out and Airiel played. It went well until that girl in the asian outfit with way over done pixie haircut unplugs my cable. My screen goes blue and I freak out and follow the cables to the projector and back and the barrel connector joining 2 S-video cables that I TAPED DOWN was loose. She must have been playing with it or something or kicked it or whatever the fuck because as soon as I squeezed both ends together it came back on. I was furious. NEVER has this happened to me. I've had bad shows but never have I been unplugged. She then giggles in an "oops, did I do that?" way as I walk back to my gear and finish the set. I'm furious and snappy to everybody and rage on loudly every time somebody asks me what happens.
I calmed down and we make it to Abel and Mickey-Anne's house. Okay, we finally arrive because we got really lost and they had to guide us there on the pone. Everybody was let down because of poor attendance but Hartfield sold CD's and shirts and the store bought some so at least somebody won something. So at the house, I get the first bed I've slept on since I left home a week before. It felt good but we only slept for 4 hours before we had to leave for Cincinnati at 8am the next morning. My old friends made us breakfast and were great and so nice to everybody. It's always nice to see them.
Next time, a long ass day of driving, a show, then a long ass night of driving. Also back to typing up what I wrote in the notebook. Right now, I'm finally digitizing what I recorded on mini-disc. it's going to need a lot of post work. I've never done this before....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home